Well construction technology
Wells are built today in the most varying versions for a wide variety of applications.
The choice of the right well construction materials fundamentally determines the quality and longevity of a well.
For example, here you can see the various possibilities of construction with our STÜWA well configurator!
Depending on the location of the water catchment body, a differentiation is made between
- Vertical drilled wells
- Horizontal wells
- Diagonal wells
Whereby all other versions are only limited to vertical drilled wells.
- Drinking water wells or process water extraction wells which must transport water of sufficient quality over a long period of operation
- Injection or absorbing wells which must allow the introduced water to seep away safely
- Groundwater drawdown wells which are usually supposed to generate short-term large drawdowns with the lowest possible amount of water. The vacuum well, which is used in hard to drain soils, is a pioneering special form in this direction
- Irrigation wells
- Groundwater measuring points (water level), which are supposed to enable the measurement of changes in the groundwater level
- Quality measuring points, which are mainly supposed to enable the withdrawal of water samples for analytical procedures, require a particularly thorough selection of suitable lining material.
Reference: Tanzania - drinking water well
Project: drinking water supply for the city of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Scope of delivery: 6 test wells with slot lattice filters and DN 150 stainless steel full-section pipes, 2 DN 250 drinking water wells with slot lattice filters and stainless steel full-section pipes; depth: 600 metres
Reference: Russia, Khabarovsk Waterworks
Project: Khabarovsk Waterworks, drinking water supply with subterranean water treatment
Scope of delivery: 80 wells with high performance wrapping wire and VEE SHAPE + materials handling equipment
Reference: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Project: Desert of LIWA water reservoir for the city of ( Strategic Water Storage / Recovery )
Scope of delivery: 158 wells VEE SHAPE SCREEN with gravel baskets / installation support / etc.
Reference: United Kingdom, London
Project: Buckingham Palace, London, United Kingdom
Scope of delivery: DN 100 riser pipes with ZSM connection