Main applications for STÜWA clay pipes are deep observation wells. Suitable screens are gravel-pack screens and wrapped screens without gravel-filling.
- Large depths (e.g. 180 m) can be safely sealed.
- Fixed insertion of sealing
- Kf-value < 1 x 10-9 m/s (coefficient of permeability)
- No suspension e.g. on centering devices as used with clay pellets
- No disintegration of the clay body during sinking in the borehole
- The compact clay body prevents losses of the swelling volume by internal caverns.
- High swelling volume up to 240 %
- Exact localisation of the clay body horizon guaranteed by geophysics
Form of delivery:
- As a standard feature, clay pipes are available for 2” and 4” PVC-U-pipes.
- 4” only available in thick-walled version with profile sealing ring in pipe connection